Alternative ways of sendmail & cyrus integration [Was: Virtual domains, user@domain.com: Mailbox unknown]

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Feb 25 16:40:10 EST 2004

-- Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> is rumored to have mumbled on Mittwoch,
25. Februar 2004 16:37 Uhr -0500 regarding Re: Alternative ways of sendmail
& cyrus integration [Was: Virtual domains, user at domain.com: Mailbox
unknown]:

>> if I understand the description correctly, this approach doesn't
>> currently handle hashed spools, does it?
>
> I don't know if it does or not.  But IMHO, the best way to do this is to
> use the socket map support in Sendmail 8.13 (a patch is available for
> 8.12) and smmapd in Cyrus 2.2.  This eliminates the need to peek into the
> imap spool and will support whatever mailbox namespace and/or spool
> hashing that Cyrus is using.

I'd heard about that, but wasn't aware of the patch for 8.12. Do you have a
URL for that? We have yet to upgrade to 2.2, but that might just be the
reason to do so ...

Thnaks, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK