Shared Mailboxes/Bulletin Board Problem

Christopher Paluch cpaluch at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 23 17:02:06 EST 2004

I am running Cyrus 2.2.3 and I am running virtual domains, which I have working.  I am trying to create a shared folder for all the users.

I first tried to create a shared folder, like shared/News, but I kept on getting a mailbox unknown error.  So then I tried to create a shared folder, specifc to a domain, like shared/News at offermaker.net, but the same results. I've tried sending to: +shared/News at offermaker.net, shared/News at offermaker.net, and shared+News at offermaker.net.   Don't know what I'm doing wrong this time.

Here is my setup:

imapd.conf:
postuser:               shared
altnamespace:           yes
virtdomains:            yes
defaultdomain:          rm.posnetservices.com
loginrealms:            rm.posnetservices.com posnetservices.com offertone.com offermaker.net
unixhierachysep:     yes

Only thing I added to my was sendmail.mc:
FEATURE(preserve_local_plus_detail)dnl

cyradm lm:
shared/News at offermaker.net (\HasNoChildren)
shared at offermaker.net (\HasChildren)