Shared Mailboxes/Bulletin Board Problem

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Feb 24 10:26:28 EST 2004

Christopher Paluch wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I went and removed the "postuser" parameter from imapd.conf and restarted Cyrus.
> Unfortunately I still get the same message when I send to either +shared/News at offermaker.net or +shared+News at offermaker.net.  Sending to +shared at offermaker.net seemingly has worked.

> <+shared/News at offermaker.net>
>     (reason: 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this)

> ... while talking to localhost:

> <<< 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
> <<< 550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.
> <<< 550 5.1.1 User unknown
> 550 5.1.1 <+shared/News at offermaker.net>... User unknown
> <<< 503 5.5.1 No recipients

I'm guessing that this is a problem with your Sendmail config.  I just
tested this locally by talking directly to lmtpd and I can post to
+shared/foo at example.net just fine.  You might want to try to change the
name of shared/News to shared/news.  I *think* sendmail might be
downcasing the entire localpart of the address.  If that doesn't solve
the problem, search the list for virtdomains sendmail configs.