Getting started

Fredrik Petersson fredde at x-web.se
Tue Feb 24 11:07:31 EST 2004

Hi!

Iam new to the list so please feel free to tell me if I posts something that
doesn´t belong here.

I have struggled hard to get a postfix-cyrus-mysql system run on a SuSE 8.2
dist.
I have just reinstalled SuSE and gonna give it a new try tonight.
Cant find any suitable howto on internet so thats why I ask here.

First, I would prefer the use of a rpm installation, I guess all the rpms
are included in SuSE 8.2 exept pam_mysql i also guess i have to compile
postfix by my self to get the mysql support, is this a good way to do this?

Or shall I build everything by my self? How do I do with preinstalled rpms
om my system? I dont really feel comfortable with uninstalling rpm like
cyrus-sasl2 or openssl thats used by other programs.

Can i ask questions about the installation/configuration progress on this
list?

What kind of questions are welcome here? advanced? beginners? Developing ?
Installation?

Best regards!
//Fredde

*** snowing in sweden today... ***