Getting started

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Feb 24 22:39:00 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 00:07, Fredrik Petersson wrote:

> I have struggled hard to get a postfix-cyrus-mysql system run on a SuSE 8.2
> dist.

Out of curiosity, why MySQL? There seem to be a _lot_ of people trying
to use Cyrus with MySQL, but I haven't seen any mention of why MySQL is
a particularly desirable choice for authentication.

Then again, I use LDAP for authentication myself - so I can certainly
see why there would be a desire for /some/ sort of shared, network
capable authentication scheme.

I'd be really interested in why you or others have chosen MySQL as your
authentication back-end.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus