cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 and saslauthd/ldap domainless logins.

TN tnuro at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 24 22:01:45 EST 2004

How strange. It works for me without all this malarky....I'm using
virtual domains & ldap too, and it works whether or not
the domains are userid or both methods, and my cyrus admin does not have
appended @ stuff. ldap is my only mech too, so another mech is not
intervening.

Edward Rudd wrote:

>MY cyrus admin user IS in the ldap.  The issue was with how cyrus was
>auto appending the machine's domain to the username if it did not
>contain an @ which i do not want it to do.. So the virtdomains: userid
>is the solution for my setup..
>

>On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 16:56, TN wrote:
>

>>Another option which I use is I just add the cyrus admin as a regular
>>user in the ldap db, so it just gets looked up as usual.
>>
>>This might have the advantage of working for people who want ip-bound
>>virtual domains (ie. virtualdomains: yes) instead of userid.
>>
>>cheers
>>-Trevor.
>>

>>Edward Rudd wrote:
>>

>>>Aha, Thanks very much that did it..
>>>Setting virtdomains to 'userid' instead of 'true' fixed the issue..

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus