Getting started

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Feb 25 13:59:36 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:07:58AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> I've found some MTAs _awful_ when it comes to getting them to look up
> users in an LDAP directory. I suspect they're much the same with other
> user lookup methods, though.

Maybe that's the case for SMTP-AUTH, but as far as retrieving aliases is
concerned, Postfix work just fine with LDAP.  The only two complains I
have concerning Postfix LDAP aliases dictionnary is the lack of SSL
support in the (admittedly quite old) version of Postfix I am using, and
the fact that smtpd block (plain hang) when the LDAP servers are not
available (I would prefer it return some 4xx temporary error).

But maybe you where talking about the users repository for SMTP AUTH,
which is an entirely different story.  Sorry for going that much
off-topic.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus