Performance question...

Michael J Barber mbarber at barbersweb.net
Tue Feb 24 11:26:25 EST 2004

Folks I need a bit of feedback and insight.

A co-worker of mine is implementing an IMAP server here and has decided to ditch
Cyrus after he thought it was too slow and could not configure it.  That being
said, I don't want to address the configuration issue.  I am interested in the
speed or performance aspect.  He next installed Courier and said it was 100%
faster than Cyrus... way to dramatic for me but..

Has anyone done similar things and noticed one server to be dramatically faster
than the other?  He knows about noatime setting but I am not sure he did it when
using the Cyrus server.  Has anyone ever seen any benchmarks for similar setups?

Many thanks.

Michael J Barber
SUNY Plattsburgh
CMS Computer Labs Technician