Performance question...

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 12:21:51 EST 2004

Michael J Barber wrote:
> This rings a bell.
>
> His test system is a Pentium 200 with less than 10 users and just auto generated
> test messages.  The mail boxes were growing to 20-30MB...at least with the
> Courier setup.
>
> Any other info would be great and thanks for the note.
>
> BTW the eventual production system is a dual Xeon 3.0GHz with 4GB ram and 15K
> drives for about 5000 users.

I suspect you'd find that Cyrus would deal with that load substantially
better than the alternatives. Considering the load difference between
his test system and the likely actual usage, I'd say he's comparing
apples with oranges, and his performance data is likely to be pretty
meaningless.

Mike.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus