cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 and saslauthd/ldap domainless logins.

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Tue Feb 24 16:19:28 EST 2004

I have a cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 installation and am using saslauthd from my
cyrus-sasl 2.1.15 installation, normal authentication to my virtual
domain users works fine.. (test at nowhere.org, test at someotherdomain.org,
etc...)
However I can not login as the administrator (cyrus) which has no domain
component to the username.. Logging in fails every time and the auth.log
shows that saslauthd is being sent cyrus at mylocal.domain instead of just
cyrus.. And creating an entry in my ldap to handle cyrus at mylocal.domain
only has cyrus log the user into a mailbox in the virtual domain system
(ie not a super user)..
Is there a way to get cyrus imapd to NOT add on the domain to a user w/o
it?
Otherwise I can not administer my domains at all..
and running the testsaslauthd program tests perfectly fine.. so it is
cyrus-imapd sending the data....

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://outoforder.cc/