SASL not initializing?

Patrick Welche prlw1 at newn.cam.ac.uk
Sat Feb 28 12:59:46 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 10:45:54AM -0600, Ian Beyer wrote:

> J.C. Roberts wrote:
>
> | A more interesting question is if you can get Cyrus imapd compiled,
> | installed and working without SASL? If that can be done, we at least
> | have a working reference point where we can start figuring out where
> | things break.
>
> Tried it --without-sasl, and imtest is still returning the same results
> (SASL initialization), with
>
> Feb 28 10:43:28 schizo imap[19582]: [ID 702911 auth.notice] Bad
> IPREMOTEPORT value
> Feb 28 10:43:28 schizo imap[19582]: [ID 702911 auth.notice] Bad
> IPLOCALPORT value

Probably a red herring: the last time I saw that sort of problem
in a different application, it was because the connection was using
ipv6, but the particular application was only allocating enough
memory for an ipv4 address (it wasn't using sockaddr_storage).
So, maybe try to switch off any ipv6 knocking around and see if
things improve?

Cheers,

Patrick
---