problems moving mailboxes.db

moiz kohari moiz_kohari at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 19:31:44 EST 2004

Hello,

To achieve high availability, I am trying to move
/var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db over to a different location and then I
create a symbolic link to this new location.

eg:
# mv /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db /foo/mailboxes.db  /* where /foo is a
new partition */
# ln -s /foo/mailboxes.db /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db

Can you see any reason why the mailboxes.db file can not be relocated
across filesystems?

Can you point me to information on how the database lookups occur, in
specific, are these paths hard coded?  Any pointers on how sockets are
used to access the database?

Regards,
Moiz

---