ReiserFS and general cyrus filesystem usage information - was Re: best filesystem for imap server

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri Dec 3 11:53:52 EST 2004

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 09:20:20PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > > subversion repository with about 50Gb of data on a single berkeley
> > > database file (version 4.2.52 + 2patches):
> >
> > Heavy concurrent load on non-UP machines seem to be a much more common cause
> > of trouble with BDB than database size.  Index size does couse trouble (when
>
> What I meant when I showed the database size was that we trust it enough to
> deal with it and our precious data (5 full versions of the distribution and
> all its updates).

Well, that certainly tells me I can trust subversion with it (if you tell me
exactly what BDB you're using, down to which non-sleepycat patches are
included in it...)

Which is a good thing to know. CVS is grating on my nerves, and DARCS isn't
quite there yet.  And arch is just plain obnoxious IMHO.

  Henrique Holschuh