Compiling Sieve

Earl R Shannon ershanno at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 3 11:56:46 EST 2004

Hello,

We are preparing to migrate an older cyrus install to a newer one.
One of the things we are having to address are the sieve scripts
being compiled to byte code.

We've not yet found an complete answer to how a script goes from
"text on my client" to "byte code on the server".

We've been using text scripts and do know that sievec makes
a script into byte code, but the tools we have don't work
on the new server as the making stuff into byte-code part
seems to be skipped.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Earl Shannon
--
Systems Programmer ,Information Technology Division
NC State University.

Anonymous child "Some people can tell the time by looking at the sun,
		 but I have trouble seeing the numbers."