best filesystem for imap server

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 13:44:02 EST 2004

Hamish wrote:

> Hello everyone
> I dont want to start a religious battle, but could I have some
> opinions on filesystems for a 100ish user imap server? I have 2x 250G
> western digital disks to use.
> Thanks
> ---

Thanks for the answers, this is helpful. I use reiser for our samba
server and it has never had problems, just wanted to check if there was
something to bear in mind for imap. I will not be using RAID for the
setup, I will just rsync the disks every night and in case of disaster,
mount the "good" one. The rest of the OS is going on a 40G (couldn't
find smaller!)
Thanks again!