best filesystem for imap server

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Wed Dec 1 14:19:29 EST 2004

> Thanks for the answers, this is helpful. I use reiser for our samba
> server and it has never had problems, just wanted to check if there was
> something to bear in mind for imap. I will not be using RAID for the
> setup, I will just rsync the disks every night and in case of disaster,
> mount the "good" one. The rest of the OS is going on a 40G (couldn't
> find smaller!)

I'd reconsider using RAID.  Users hate losing a day of email and those
drives will almost certainly fail.  Plus, given that a lot of IMAP is
reading, RAID-1 might actually improve your performance (since reads can
be interleaved), not to mention improve reliability.

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer