How to create a big sasldb2 db

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Mon Dec 6 02:22:04 EST 2004

Pascal BOYER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I woudl like to know if there is a way to automatiquely create (not handmade) a
> big /etc/sasldb2 db if I have 500 or 1000 mailbox to create ?
>
> Now, I juste know this handmade way:
>
> "cyradm -u cyrus localhos" and "cm"

/etc/sasldb2 is for storing passwords, used by SASL mechanisms
PLAIN:auxprop, DIGEST-MD5 and CRAM-MD5, possibly others (LOGIN,
NTLM/fallback)

"cyradm" creates a mailbox on Cyrus IMAP server, regardless of
authentication option for the user.

sasldb2 can be loaded via a script, say, you have a file with user/pass
combo:

user1 pass1
user2 pass2

then you could do this:

cat pass_file.txt | while read line; do
	username=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'`
	password=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'`
	echo $password | saslpasswd2 -p -c $username
done

For IMAP folder mass creation, look for usefull Perl scripts.

Nix.