monitor current number of imap users for cyrus-imapd 2.1.16

Eddy Beliveau eddy.beliveau at hec.ca
Wed Dec 8 11:01:23 EST 2004

Hi!

I'm currently using cyrus-imapd 2.1.16 on RedHat 9.0 and it work correctly.  Thanks ;-)

I'm using Squirrelmail 1.4.2-1, imapproxyd 1.2.2 and apache2.0.40-21
My Squirrelmail timeout is 60 minutes.

Please note that NONE of my users are directly using IMAP, they are using Squirrelmail

'ps -ef | grep httpd | wc -l' said : 44
'ps  -ef  |  grep imap  |  wc  -l' said: 389
'netstat -an | grep ":143 " | grep ESTABLISHED | wc -l' said: 362

I do not want to know the number of persistent imap connection
I want to know the current number of active user

Can it be done ?

My next step will be to do a daily graph of the results

Thanks,
Eddy

Eddy.Beliveau at hec.ca
Telephone: 514-340-6073

Analyste - Applications Reseau
HEC Montreal
3000 Chemin de la Cote Sainte-Catherine
Montreal  (Quebec)
Canada H3T 2A7

Any horizontal surface soon tends to be piled up