monitor current number of imap users for cyrus-imapd 2.1.16

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Dec 8 11:27:30 EST 2004

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, Eddy Beliveau wrote:
> I do not want to know the number of persistent imap connection
> I want to know the current number of active user
>
> Can it be done ?

Yes, through SNMP.  Good luck getting it to work, and a word of caution:
unless you can make 2.1 work with net-snmp 5, be *very* careful about what
you do with the ucd-snmp 4.2 daemon. Since cyrus is in slave mode (agentx
mode), it will drop the snmp connection as a hot-potatoe if the snmpd daemon
restarts or do anything else weird.  And that connection will *not* come up
again.  You have to restart cyrus, with an active, working and willing snmpd
already running for it to work.

  Henrique Holschuh