Message has no header/body separator

Lutz Kittler Lutz.Kittler at sse-erfurt.de
Mon Dec 13 08:55:22 EST 2004

Hi,

I installed cyrus 2.1.15 on debian woody ( backport ).
We have Windows( using thunderbird as mail-client) and Linux-Clients.

When people tried to insert their messages from Windows Local Folders
to their imap-Folders we got errors messages like
 "message  has no header/body separator" and
 "message contains bare newline"

So I converted their mailboxes to imap by a script, where I
delete "\r" from contents and did :
  formail -I "From "  -s cyrdeliver -a mail

I got no problems and converted all Mailboxes.
But now I got the same messages, when they want to
move messages from their pop3-Folders to imap
manually or by filters.

I looked through all FAQs and searched google but didnt find
a solution.
In the FAQ there is said thats a problem of windows and never
was a problem for the cyrus people.
But thats no help for me.

Is there a possibility to handle the mails on the way to imap
so that I can delete the "\r"? I think this would help me.

Thanks , Lutz