Duplicate mail removal

Ing. Andrea Vettori mail at andreavettori.com
Thu Dec 16 02:42:28 EST 2004

> I, as well as other users, had more or less a mess
> of duplicate (sometimes multiplicate) emails in
> their email clients.
>
> We uploaded all these to our respective mail accounts
> so that they are all in a central place.
>
> Now, we need a peiece of software that will
>
> -- remove duplicate copies in any given (sub-)folder

I wrote a Java application that identify duplicated messages using a
combination of message-id, sender, recipient, date and subject and mark
them as deleted. You can also expunge them. I used it on a server with
140GB of mail (about 200 users) and it took about an hour.

If anyone is interested, please contact me directly using [CYRUS] as
header of email subject.

P.S.
I also wrote a small Java library to administer Cyrus accounts creating
and removing users and setting passwords on (configurable) database. I
want to release this as open source but I cannot setup a CVS server or
something like that... Is anyone interested in such library ? Can it be
eventually hosted on Cyrus distribution contribs ?

--
Ing. Andrea Vettori
Consulente per l'Information Technology
http://www.andreavettori.com	e-mail:mail at andreavettori.com