kerbolized virtual domains.

Mark Hannessen mark at nperfection.com
Thu Dec 16 07:33:11 EST 2004

hi list,

I am currently running a basic kerberos/cyrus imap server

kerberos principle (realm KERBEROS)
mark at KERBEROS

cyrus user:
user.mark

I use mutt with GSSAPI and the following config.

set spoolfile=imap://xp2600c.linuxnet.nl/inbox
set folder=imap://xp2600c.linuxnet.nl/inbox
set imap_user="mark"

this setup works, but it doesn't support virtual domains.

I tried adding user.mark at nperfection.com to cyrus imap instead of user.mark
but after doing that login fails, and I can't create enties in kerberos like
mark at nperfection.com@KERBEROS (that's a DUHHH... i know..)

are multiple kerberos realms needed for virtual domains?
if yes, is there any howto for this, or any hint that might help me on how to
set this up.
if no, does any know how users should be stored?

I can't find information around how this is supposed to be done. does anyone
know where I could find some, or does anyone have a suggestions where I
should look next?

Mark Hannessen