Large email account

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Mon Dec 20 21:50:24 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Prasanna Buddhika wrote:
> if I use cyrus-imap to retriew (sync) the email it takes 30 minutes. But
> after sync it?s fast. Only problem is when ever I logged off the system
> and log back in to the system again I have to wait 30 minutes to access
> the mail. Can anyone have a good suggestion

If you try that using something that is less stupid than Outlook (re. the
IMAP protocol), does it still take 30 minutes to resync, after the first
syncing is done?  Try it with the demo version of Mulbelrry
(http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry/).  If you like it, get rid of Outlook,
Mulberry is superiour stuff througout :-)

You can tell Cyrus to create a protocol dump of the Outlook "resync"
session, and try to check out why outcrook thinks it needs to re-read
everything again.

  Henrique Holschuh