Default new user sieve filter?

Matt Goebel mgoebel at workforcesoftware.com
Tue Dec 28 15:34:51 EST 2004

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer
anywhere.  Is there a way to setup Cyrus so that when a new user is
added it also creates a default sieve script?  What I want to do is have
all messages tagged as spam by Spamassassin redirected into a Spam
folder.

I've tried the autocreate and autosieve patches which didn't seem to
work.  With those in imapd.conf I specified:

autocreate_sieve_script: /var/lib/imap/default_sieve/phpscript.script

The phpscript.script is a script I created in Squirrelmail via the
avelsieve plugin and I know works fine with that user.

No scripts were created in the users /var/lib/imap/sieve/ directories
doing this though.