cyrus 2.2.10 & RH FC3

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Tue Dec 28 16:50:35 EST 2004

sol beach wrote:
> All of these seem to have sucessfully completed.
> After this I restarted  from /etc/init.d the following:
> cyrus-imapd
> saslauthd
> sendmail
>
> When I try to
>
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> [bcm at bcm tmp]$ /usr/bin/imtest -v -m login localhost
> S: * OK bcm.cpuwzrd.net Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.10-Invoca-RPM-2.2.10-3.fc3 server ready
> C: C01 CAPABILITY
> S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
> NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
> BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE
> STARTTLS LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
> S: C01 OK Completed
> Please enter your password:
> C: L01 LOGIN bcm {6}
> S: + go ahead
> C: <omitted>
> S: L01 NO Login failed: no mechanism available
> Authentication failed. generic failure
> Security strength factor: 0
> . logout
> * BYE LOGOUT received
> . OK Completed
> Connection closed.
> [bcm at bcm tmp]$

BTW, unrelated to my previous mail.

Has configure detected SASL libraries (and linked with them)?  If yes,
what are the values for sasl_pwcheck_method and sasl_mech_list in
imapd.conf?  What do you have in /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd (you say you
started saslauthd, so I guess you are attempting to use it)?