Shared folders

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Tue Aug 17 13:00:09 EDT 2004

William K. Hardeman wrote:

> No, you have to give your MTA the rights to post into it, which is
> what the 'anyone p' right does. Giving yourself full rights just
> allows you to do anything with the box, but doesn't allow any other
> access.

More specifically, you aren't giving your MTA access, you are giving
*anyone* access which of course includes the MTA. There may be someway
to have sendmail pass credentials via LMTP (I think I read somthing
about this a while back), but have never explored that option. That
would be nice as you could allow just the MTA's that you control to post
into a folder.

Tim