cyrus imap with multiple domains

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Fri Aug 6 16:59:06 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I have been using cyrus-imapd-2.1.12 with multiple domains for a while
now with great success.  Instead of an /etc/imapd.conf I have an
/etc/cyrus.conf and then an /etc/cyrus directory where I have
domain1.com.conf, domain2.com.conf etc, each with their own IP address.

I am now setting up a new server and installed it with all of the latest
and greatest software versions including cyrus-imapd-2.2.8.  It compiled
fine and I configured everything the same as the old server.  When I run
'/usr/cyrus/bin/master &' it crashes and the log file shows the
following error:

 can't open configuration file /etc/imapd.conf: No such file or
directory

On the old system cyrus.conf replaces imapd.conf but this new system
does not seem to like that.  Did something change with version 2.2.8
that is causing this?  The only other possibility that I can think of is
this is still in a test environment and DNS is not set up for the
domains, but I have hard-coded them in /etc/hosts (though there is no
reverse DNS).  Any help would be great...I really don't want to
backtrack to a 2.1 version.

TIA,

Brad