ctl_cyrusdb DBERROR (urgent)

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue Aug 10 07:03:11 EDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 05:33:11 PM +0800 Craig Ringer
<craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 17:09, Didi Rieder wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I'm still stuck with my problem, is there nobody who can give me a hint?
>> I'd appreciate it very much.....
>
> Well, you might want to make sure you're using the right db format for
> your actual on-disk database (ie skiplist or bdb). It's also a good idea
> to run db_verify if it's a Berkley DB in case there's some BDB
> corruption.

Thanks for your answer. I checked the db types and they should be fine. We
didn't use any of the db files of the olf server because we transfered the
mailboxes via mailutil, so the imapd should have created the right types
according to the imapd.conf file.

It is also interesting, that if I run ctl_cyrusdb as user cyrus manually no
errors show up, not in the logs and not on stderr/stdout....

This is what I see in the logs, when I run it manually:

Aug 10 12:49:33 sbox ctl_cyrusdb[19828]: [ID 702911 local6.notice]
checkpointing cyrus databases
Aug 10 12:49:33 sbox ctl_cyrusdb[19828]: [ID 127214 local6.notice] done
checkpointing cyrus databases

BTW: The OS is Sun/Solaris 9 if it matters at all...

Didi

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at