imap flags lost after upgrade (2.0.15 to 2.2.6)

Tomas Lindroos DC skitta at abo.fi
Mon Aug 9 08:49:40 EDT 2004

Hello everybody,

The university I work for is upgrading its cyrus 2.0.15 (+patches)
imap-server to a cyrus 2.2.6 murder. The mailboxes on the old server are
being copied over, databases converted, sieve scripts compiled etc.

One problem though, all IMAP flags seems to be gone after running
'reconstruct' on a moved mailbox. It seems that the SYSFLAGS USERFLAGS
bitmasks are all set to 00000000. I am running:

   'reconstruct -r -f user.MAILBOX'

Running reconstruct with the '-x' flag would recreate all found
mailboxes as new, but without '-x' reconstruct should try to preserve
the data in the files cyrus.*. This does not seem to work properly, at
least not between versions 2.0.15 and 2.2.6.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there some "upgrade-tool" that
I should be using, but haven't found?

	/skitta

--
  Tomas 'Skitta' Lindroos.