imap flags lost after upgrade (2.0.15 to 2.2.6) [problem solved]

Tomas Lindroos DC skitta at abo.fi
Wed Aug 18 06:07:08 EDT 2004

Hello again.

Sorry for replying to my own post.

It seems that cyrus cannot upgrade the cyrus.index files in mailboxes
between versions 2.0.x and 2.2.x. I had to write a program that
'upgrades' this database, which is then run on all mailboxes before
running 'reconstruct' on the new server. Now all flags and other data is
transferred correctly.

(The records stored in the file has changed format and length, so
reconstruct gets an error message from the library function that reads
index-files. After that, it rebuilds the index-file from scratch, with
most values set to zero. This program upgrades the index file from
"minor version" 3 to 6.)

	/skitta