Addusers program does not work

Sujit Choudhury S.Choudhury at westminster.ac.uk
Mon Aug 16 10:37:53 EDT 2004

I am trying to add users using addusers script as mentioned in the IMAP
book, chapter - 9. First few lines of the script is:

#!/usr/local/bin/cyradm -file

# Batch Cyrus user creation script.  Usage: addusers filename

When I run it from the same machine (i.e the machine which will hold the
accounts), in the following way, I get the errors:

./addusers user_name
Usage: cyradm [args] server
  --user <user>         Connect as <user> (authentication name)
  --authz <user>        Authorize as <user>
  --[no]rc              (Do not) load the configuration files
  --systemrc <file>     Use system-wide configuration <file>
  --userrc <file>       Use user configuration <file>
  --port <port>         Connect to server on <port>
  --auth <mechanism>    Authenticate with <mechanism>

Defaults to interactive mode. Please see man cyradm(1) and the 'help'
command
in the cyradm-shell for details.
imclient_connect: unknown host "connect" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i586-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/
Admin.pm line 71.
./addusers: line 9: puts: command not found
./addusers: line 19: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./addusers: line 19: `} else {'

I shall be grateful for any help.

Regards

Sujit