How to send Umlauts with Sieve

Daniel Stellwagen Daniel.Stellwagen at brunata-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 17 01:59:29 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I have a problem with my old easysieve-script and a new cyrus(2.1.15)
installation. If I produce an autorespond message like this:

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:23:04 +0200
From: <test at outerspace.local>
To: <dste at outerspace.local>
Subject: Re: test

ä ae ö oe ü ue

the email client shows only

� ae � oe � ue

in the message view. If I change the clients character encoding from
UTF-8 to ISO-8895-x I can see the umlauts. Then I tried the following:
I used iconv and changed the encoding of my default.script from ISOxxx
to UTFxxx and then I could see the umlauts too.

Now I have two questions:

Can I change "Content-Type:" somewhere in sieve to ISOxxx ?
Or how can I save the default.script directly with UTFxxx encoding (is
it more a kind of linux configuration issue like save all text files
allways in UTF)?

I hope someone can give me a hint. Thanks in advance.

d a n i e l