Newbie Cyrus IMAP on Fedora Core 2

Søren Neigaard s.neigaard at mobilethink.dk
Tue Aug 17 09:30:03 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Matter [mailto:simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com]
Sent: 17. august 2004 15:04
To: Søren Neigaard
Cc: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Subject: RE: Newbie Cyrus IMAP on Fedora Core 2

Hmmm I wonder if Im in over my head here... I found some RPM's for Fedora
Core 2 (as the install from src seemed not to work) and installed those, now
I have a "imapd" running as a cyrus user which I guess is good, and I also
have "cyradm" tool installed, but still I have no idea what to do now, and
worse I have no idea how to figure it out :(

What I would like to do, is to get OpenGroupware to use Cyrus and sendmail,
so I can use OpenGroupware to send/receive internal and external mail.

So I wonder if OpenGroupware can manage the mailboxes for me, so all I now
need is to setup OpenGroupware to work with Cyrus, and create users via
OpenGroupware, or? Or do I need to manually create something, and how do I
do it, and also how do I even test if my Cyrus installation is actually
working?

Best regards
Søren