Deleting mails from the command line?

Paul Boven p.boven at chello.nl
Wed Aug 18 07:46:57 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

On a new cyrus installation, we've just started importing lots of mail
(imapsync) and it turns out that there are quite a few viruses (virii?)
in there. I could easily tell my virus-scanner to delete each infected
mail in /var/spool/imap/ but I'm quite sure that Cyrus will then
consider these mailboxes as being corrupt.

What would be a proper way to delete these emails, preferably from the
command line or perl so I can script the whole thing and get rid of all
the NetSky's and Sober's ?

Regards, Paul Boven.