How do I get sendmail to store mails on cyrus?

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Fri Aug 20 04:31:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Søren Neigaard wrote:

> Ok now Im following this guide to get postfix running with cyrus:
> http://www.metaconsultancy.com/whitepapers/smtp.htm
> In this guide there is this line to get postfix to deliver mail to cyrus:
> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
> I dont have this path, however I have these:
>
> /etc/pam.d/lmtp
> /usr/libexec/postfix/lmtp
> /var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
>
> I was thinking that the "/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" might be the right one,
> or maybe I need to do some sort of cyrus configuration, or?

Søren, just about all Linux/Unix systems have some differences in
paths and names, there is no guide you can follow without making
apropriate changes required for your system. For example on my
system the file is /var/imap/socket/lmtp

I suggest that you try make a clever guess, see if it works, and
if not then write. Otherwise you will find yourself recieving a
lot of RTFM responses. If you don't like that approach consider
paying a profesional to walk you through the setup.

Note: Better start setup some mailaccounts first, redirecting
all mail to imap with no mail accounts will result in the mail
being rejected.

Regards, Erik

GnuPG Key: http://www.locolomo.org/home/norgaard/norgaard.gpg.asc
pub  1024D/B02CC311 2004-04-05 Erik Norgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org>
     Key fingerprint = 6C11 B9B1 52BD F16D 34AD  9893 D3EC E6DB B02C C311