Disabling fallback between the sasl_pwcheck_methods

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Thu Aug 26 11:29:39 EDT 2004

  Hi.  I have

    sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd

  in my imapd.conf.  I intend to keep the admin user in a local sasldb2
 file, while the regular users are kept in LDAP.  I do not control the
 contents of the LDAP tree, but I want to make it impossible for someone
 to add an account with an admin name to the LDAP tree and be able to
 use it.

  From reading my logs, however, it seems that saslauthd is consulted if
 I enter an incorrect password for an user that does exist in sasldb2.
 Is it possible to disable this behaviour, and only fall back on
 saslauthd if the user does not exist in sasldb2 at all?

Thanks,
--
Tore Anderson