INBOX issue

Chris metrion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:25:13 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm sure this is been asked a bazillion times in various forms but I've
tried everything and this is my last resort.

Redhat Fedora Core 3
Squirrelmail 1.4.3-1
Apache 2.0.50-4
cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.19-1
cyrus-imapd-2.2.6-2.FC3.5
cyrus-imapd-utils-2.2.6-2.FC3.5
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.19-1
cyrus-sasl-2.1.19-1
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.19-1

I've created a couple users with 'cyradm', the mail log shows me as
logged in, as far as the system is concerned. When I login to
squirrelmail, the left panel looks normal and without errors, minus
any folders, but the right panel gives me this error:

                     ERROR:
ERROR : Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Mailbox does not exist

 I've gone through all Squirrelmail configs over and over and am sure
that is OK, so I'm left with IMAP. I've checked and triple checked
permissions to the best that I understand they are to be. I just don't
know what to do anymore, I've spent days on this and am fried. :)
Here are my configs:
/etc/imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

[root at vzwmail etc]# cat cyrus.conf
# standard standalone server implementation

START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # these are only necessary if receiving/exporting usenet via NNTP
#  nntp         cmd="nntpd" listen="nntp" prefork=3
#  nntps                cmd="nntpd -s" listen="nntps" prefork=1

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/notify"
proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
  # Sieve or NNTP
  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

Anyone have any suggestions, or see anything lame? I'm so frustrated I
don't even know what to ask!  :)

Thanks for any assistance