timsieved problem with parsing scripts

Cheng-Jih Chen cchen at randomwalk.com
Fri Aug 27 07:26:04 EDT 2004

We're running Cyrus IMAPD 2.2.3 from Fedora Core 2 and we're
having problems with timsieved in terms of it parsing scripts into
bytecode.

When using sieveshell on the following trivial script, we're getting
the following error:

# more testsieve
redirect "user at example.com";

# sieveshell --user=myuser --authname=myuser localhost
connecting to localhost
Please enter your password:
> put testsieve
upload failed: put script: script errors:
line 1: parse error, unexpected IF, expecting ';'

We have similar errors for any valid script we've tried to load using
sieveshell connecting to timsieved.

On the other hand, using sievec, we are able to compile these
scripts without error.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks.