Sieve and regex (or sieve for specific folder)

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Fri Aug 27 10:39:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

For our (about 200) archive-folders we currently have a procmail-script
(on our old server) that I want to migrate to sieve (for the new servers
;-)). Basicly, the functionality of the procmail-script comes down to:

if envelope :detail "to" "blabla" {
       fileinto "archive.blabla";
       }

... for evey folder. We have the "archive" user so we can mail to
"archive+folder" to get it stored properly.

That "for every folder" is my problem with sieve. I tried something like

if envelope :regex :detail "to" "(.*)" {
        fileinto "archief.$1";
        }

but I guess this does not work. I browsed the cyrus-archive a bit, and
saw this problem already in 2000, but I'm not sure if there is a
solution today. (I thought the draft changed a bit since then and now
questions this feature.)
Also I saw a mail dated 4-8-2004 about shared folders and sieve that
states I cannot define a sieve-script for shared folders either.

Is there a good way to do this with sieve? (Without defining the 4 lines
for every folder?)

Paul