virtual domains question

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Fri Apr 30 16:20:58 EDT 2004

Dwight Tovey wrote:
> Andrzej Filip said:
>

>>2) Another alternative:
>>Turn on aliases on cyrusv2d mailer (add F=A flag)
>>
>>*.mc file:
>>dnl cyrusv2 release B - http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/cyrusv2.html
>>MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`CYRUSV2D',`+A')
>>MAILER(`cyrusv2')
>>
>>aliases file:
>>first.last at virt.domain.com:  username at virt.domain.com
>>
>>P.S.
>>You can make sendmail check cyrus mailbox presence when replying to
>>"RCPT TO:" - http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html
>>

> I'm having a bit of a problem with the above tht I hope I can get some
> help with.  I realize that it's only marginally related to Cyrus IMAP, but
> the server is in the mix so I thought I would start here for help.
>
> I'm using cyrus-imapd 2.2.3, sendmail 8.12.11, and MailScanner 4.26.8.
>
> I've recently started getting mail bounced back to non-existent users in
> my domain (I.E. returned spam) so I implemented the check described in the
> above link.  For checking the presence of a mailbox, it works fine and
> these bounced messages will be rejected immediatly, even for my virtual
> domains.

Which variant have you used ?
[ there are three: mailertable, stickyhub, user]

> My problem is that I'm also using MailMan 2.0.13 to host some email lists
> for the virtual domains.  Mail for these lists is usually resolved in the
> aliases file to go through a mailman command:
>   listname at virtdomain:  "|wrapper post listname"
>
> With that entry (and all the others necessary for the list) in the aliases
> file, sendmail complains about "cannot alias non-local names".  Various
> searches point to the 'A' flag that Andrzej mentions above.  I added that
> in, with no change in results.

What is reported by the commands below:
# which mailer is selected for listname at virtdomain before aliases
echo '3,0 listname at virtdomain' | sendmail -bt
# which flags are set for cyrus mailers
echo '=M' | sendmail -bt | grep cyrus

> If I remove the domain name from the
> alias:
>    listname:  "|wrapper post listname"
>
> I no longer get the "cannot alias" complaints from sendmail, but now the
> mail is failing because there is no actual imap mailbox for the mail
> lists.

You can use virtusertable to redirect listname at virtdomain to listname.
Since version 8.10 virtusertable can be consulted for some non local
email domains (domain handled by mailertable).

> I've gone around on this a few times and probably gotten myself totally
> confused.  Do I have an incompatible mix of features that I'm trying to
> implement or do I just have something totally hosed in the configuration.

You can use virtusertable rewriting or you can try to debug why "cyrus
aliases with domain" does not work [please send replies to question I
wrote above]

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi