Executing scripts using sieve

Jim Levie jim at entrophy-free.net
Sun Apr 4 12:54:37 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 11:17, Scott Russell wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 11:58, David Smith wrote:
> > Finally got around to playing with sieve, and all my server side
> > filtering is now working like a dream however...
> >
> > I want to setup a sieve rule that will pipe an email sent to a certain
> > account to a perl script, I've done a google to see if I can find info
> > on this and have hit a blank wall... any help / pointers appreciated
> >
> > (the plan is to set it up so i can send images from my camera phone to
> > an email address and have the images ftp'd to my site...)
>
> You could always have sieve put these images into a special folder and
> then using the perl IMAP modules watch that folder for new content. Out
> of cron runs a perl script that:
>
> 1) connects to imap server
> 2) gets new messages in the folder "mobile_picts"
> 3) gets the message content and sends it via ftp to your web site
> 4) marks the new messages as \Seen
> 5) disconnects

It seems to me that this would be lots simpler if the images are mailed
to a special account, used only for that purpose. Then create an aliases
record for that account that pipes the messages to the proccess that
does the FTP.
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus