Running reconstruct as cyrus user

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Apr 2 14:37:52 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 01:01, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Can someone offer advice on how to get this command the script is trying
> to execute working? Maybe I don't need to be using the 'cyrus' user to
> do this?

I'd be reluctant to manually move messages and reconstruct unless I had
to. I do currently do this after nightly virus re-scans, if any messages
are found to be suspect that the scanner missed when the msg was first
received, but that's only until I get a perl/Python script done to do it
the proper way.

When it comes to SpamAssassin, my solution is to sa-learn on the mailbox
then move the messages using an IMAP client. You could use mailutil if
you wanted something easily scriptable, or write a bit of perl to do it
with the perl IMAP modules.

I know I'm not really answering your question, but perhaps this might be
helpful. When it comes to getting your su command going, AFAIK you do
need to run reconstruct as user cyrus, so you might just have to set a
valid homedir on the account. I expect you can still have nologin as the
login shell (just don't use - in the su command) and a disabled
password.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus