SASL PLAIN auth is failing...

Jonathan Villa jvilla at isdesigndev.com
Tue Apr 6 00:52:36 EDT 2004

It seems as if any login attempt is failing... here is my config

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_unauth_destination
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

and I added users via

saslpasswd2 -c -u mydomain.com user

and the user shows up when I do a sasldblistuser2

also in /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf I have auxprop

now everything in /usr/lib/sasl2 is owned by root,  Is this ok or should
it be owned by postfix:sasl?