cyrus-imapd-2.2.3 startup problems

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Wed Apr 7 21:23:50 EDT 2004

> > Ok, I have my previous problem solved. But things still don't want to
> > cooperate. I run:

I commented LDFLAGS="-pie". I have no idea what that is for but with it
configure found strlcpy and strlcat even though they don't appear to
exist.

> using my rpms or derivative work of it. Then the question is what has
> changed because usually the rpms 'work out of the box (tm)'.

Yes, this is from a source rpm I rebuilt on RedHat AS3.0. I didn't make
any changes to the spec file apart from the LDFLAGS thing above. Here is
the last changelog entry from the source rpm.

  * Thu Mar 11 2004 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>
  - fix init script

I did make a few changes to cyrus-sasl. In particular I added ldap support
to saslauthd and installed testsaslauthd.

Here is the relevant stuff from /etc/cyrus.conf:

  START {
    recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"
  }
  SERVICES {
    imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
    imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
    pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
    pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
    lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
  }
  EVENTS {
    checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
    delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
    tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
  }

This is my /etc/imapd.conf:

  configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
  partition-default: /var/spool/imap
  admins: cyrus
  sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
  sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
  hashimapspool: true
  sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
  sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

I think that's about it. I never tried installing cyrus-sasl or
cyrus-imapd from sources on this box. I generally try to either find
suitable rpms or build my own rpms. Makes maintenacne much easier.

Adi

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus