cyrus-imapd-2.2.3 startup problems

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Thu Apr 8 01:43:44 EDT 2004

>> > Ok, I have my previous problem solved. But things still don't want to
>> > cooperate. I run:
>
> I commented LDFLAGS="-pie". I have no idea what that is for but with it
> configure found strlcpy and strlcat even though they don't appear to
> exist.

Ah, now I see.

RedHat has taken my cyrus-imapd src rpms and included it in Fedora Core 2
beta. Unfortunately they 'optimized' it in a way that breaks it on other
older RedHat distributions. My originial package builds fine on every
RedHat distribution from 6.2 to current. You can find it here:

http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/

as well as sasl packages with sql and ntlm support here

http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-sasl/

Let us know how it goes.
Simon

>> using my rpms or derivative work of it. Then the question is what has
>> changed because usually the rpms 'work out of the box (tm)'.
>
> Yes, this is from a source rpm I rebuilt on RedHat AS3.0. I didn't make
> any changes to the spec file apart from the LDFLAGS thing above. Here is
> the last changelog entry from the source rpm.
>
>   * Thu Mar 11 2004 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>
>   - fix init script
>
> I did make a few changes to cyrus-sasl. In particular I added ldap support
> to saslauthd and installed testsaslauthd.
>
> Here is the relevant stuff from /etc/cyrus.conf:
>
>   START {
>     recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"
>   }
>   SERVICES {
>     imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
>     imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
>     pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
>     pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
>     lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
>   }
>   EVENTS {
>     checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
>     delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
>     tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
>   }
>
> This is my /etc/imapd.conf:
>
>   configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
>   partition-default: /var/spool/imap
>   admins: cyrus
>   sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
>   sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
>   hashimapspool: true
>   sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>   sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>
> I think that's about it. I never tried installing cyrus-sasl or
> cyrus-imapd from sources on this box. I generally try to either find
> suitable rpms or build my own rpms. Makes maintenacne much easier.
>
> Adi

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus