Logging in as an admin user

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Wed Apr 7 13:18:34 EDT 2004

I just realized that I logged in using an admin user a few times and
maybe this is why I'm having problems with 'reconstuct' not wanting to
sync the 'cyrus.cache' and other files after removing via script all the
messages in a mailbox for spam learning. After moving the messages (##.
files) to a temp file for analysis, the script runs reconstuct, which is
supposed to clean up the mailbox. But after this, the mail is still
there and I have to use my client (Mulberry) to expunge them all. Of
course, this may be an issue in itself, but there is also the
possibility this is happening because I have logged in as an 'admins'
user in the past.

So, my question, how do I clean up this problem now that I am sure not
to login as an admins user? Should I just remove the mailboxes and
re-create them? These are the only mailboxes on a newly setup server, so
I can do just about anything necessary, I just want to make sure to
remove the possibility of the admin login causing my problem.

--
Robert

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus