Desperate

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Apr 8 11:27:30 EDT 2004

> I haven't seen a skiplist option in ./configure but maybe I missed it.

I think it's --with-mboxlist-db=skiplist

I still use 2.1 with bdb myself, but a quick search of the archives (I
love squat indexes - <1s search on a 4500 message mailbox over a 512k
WAN) suggests that's correct.

doc/text/install-perf confirms it.

It doesn't seem to show up in ./configure --help , though. AFAIK
skiplist is the default if bdb isn't specified.

> It seems we should switch to using skiplist but how do we go about doing it? Do the
> databases need to be converted in some way or do we just shutdown and restart?

I haven't yet done it myself. It's documented in
doc/install-upgrade.html though (just search for 'skiplist'). I'd back
up all the databases somewhere safe first.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus