Cyrus will not run properly

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Thu Apr 8 16:33:27 EDT 2004

Hallo all

I'm in the process of newly installing Cyrus IMAP 2.2.3
and sasl 2.1.18 on RH Linux, and have two problems
that I'm hoping someone can help with.

1. libsasl2.so.2 can't be found - it doesn't exist but
libsasldb.so.* does. I copied one to the other and
this seemed to fix it, but this can't be the correct way.

2. /usr/cyrus/bin/master appears to start well enough, though
with lots of DBERRORs due to files not yet created and listed
as missing. However telneting to it on port 143 gets a telnet
connection response (Escape character is '^]'.) but not the
'* OK ..' Cyrus response. And tailing the imapd.log shows
multitudinous instances of

 test master[9578]: service imapd pid 9942 in READY state: terminated abnormally
 test master[9943]: about to exec /usr/cyrus/bin/imapd
 test imapd[9943]: executed
 test master[9578]: process 9943 exited, status 127

I see that others have posted similar logs, but can't find
any post with a solution. Is there a known solution to this?

TIA

Lyn St George