Upgrading to cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8 using Simon's RPM's

Douglas Koobs dkoobs at dkoobs.com
Sat Apr 10 22:34:24 EDT 2004

Edward Rudd wrote:

>You need to remove the Devel package for the other DB..
>the issue is cyrus links against libdb.so and the /usr/lib/libdb.so file
>is pointing to the db4.0.14 file instead of the 4.1.25.
>
>So check the libdb.so and make sure it points to libdb-4.1.so. Then
>cyrus will compile with the correct libs..

Mmm, I don't have the devel package for the older DB package...

[root at mail lib]# rpm -qa |grep db4
db4-utils-4.0.14-20
db4-4.0.14-20
db4-devel-4.1.25-4
gpg-pubkey-db42a60e-37ea5438
db4-4.1.25-4

the libdb.so file is binary, not text, how do I check which .so file it is
pointing to? Also, shouldn't I point it to the newer db4, not the older? I
am so confused... Thanks again for helping out!

Doug