"reconstruct -r" usage

Eli Cantu eli at then7.com
Fri Apr 16 04:05:02 EDT 2004

Thanks, but I must have a different version or something, here's what i get when
i run that.

localhost.localdomain> reconstruct -r -f user.chris
usage: reconstruct [-r] mailbox

so that second line is telling me that my usage is incorrect. I cannot use the
-f or the -m flag, and even though -r doesn't return an error by itself, it
apparently has no effect for me.

for me, "reconstruct" & "reconstruct -r" do absolutely the same thing, i.e. fix
a single mailbox, no submailboxes.

after running for 12 months with zero problems, we now experience random mailbox
corruption (not neccessarily the main mailbox of each user, but submailboxes or
main)....and if a user selects one of these mailboxes that isn't quite right,
the cpu goes to 100%. We've had the server lock up, and I'm suspecting that
this might be part of the cause. (or perhaps it's a symptom? who knows) At
least we never lose any messages.

the server is running redhat9, postfix-2.0.12 & cyrus-imapd-2.1.13-4.

I'll just keep looking. Thanks again.